Air Conditioning Troubleshooting
Here at Doc Savage Heating And Air Conditioning, Inc., your comfort matters. So, if your air conditioning system fails to come on, we have a few air conditioning troubleshooting tips that you can check on your own.
- Make sure that the thermostat is set in the “COOL” position.
- Make sure the temperature on the thermostat is turned down low enough for the unit to come on.
- Check the circuit breakers in the breaker box and make sure that they are in the “ON” position.
- Check the outdoor unit “disconnect switch” to make sure it is in the “ON” position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit, usually in a grey mounted box.
- Make sure that the blower motor of your furnace is running. When the thermostat is in “COOL” position, the furnace blower should be running. If it is not, check the on/off switch to ensure it is in the “ON” position.
- Make sure that your furnace filter has been changed recently. An excessively blocked filter can cause the outdoor air conditioner unit to shut off because of poor air flow.
- Change your filters every month.
- Check the return vents to make sure they are free and clear and not blocked by drapery or furniture.
If your unit is not functioning properly, give us a call at (706) 426-9262 and we will be glad to come out and take care of all of your air conditioning needs. Our heating and air Augusta service team will be glad to take care of you.