Apart from mowing your lawn and checking your chimney, there are still a lot of things you can do to winterize your home. With a checklist of maintenance tasks that you can tackle this winter, you can prevent costly repairs and help keep everyone warm and comfortable this winter. Here are some tips that will help you protect your home and HVAC system as we expect the cold weather to turn into full blast.
- Inspect your home for leaks and make sure to seal all gaps.
- Clean your gutters and those areas around the chimney.
- Have your HVAC system checked and serviced.
- Inspect your thermostat settings.
- Keep all moving parts lubricated.