Keep the Warm In and the Cold Out
Even if extreme cold weather is still causing alarm to many citizens to date, there are still ways to counterattack. Practicing safety and precaution is one of the best defenses against the cold.
Below are some ideas that you might want to consider.
– Install carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms that are operated by batteries. It may be nice to have electrically powered ones installed but battery-operated ones are ideal in case power runs out.
– Devise a safety escape plan in case of fires and whatnot. Practice it with the rest of the family members to make sure everyone knows and memorizes the route.
– If you feel dizzy and nauseous, seek medical attention immediately.
– Do not use gas ovens to heat your house.
– Never turn on your car or any vehicle while inside the garage, even if the doors are all open.
You May Also Like
Keeping your Aiken, GA, HVAC system running efficiently depends partially on having the right air filter. Read on to learn about six… Continue Reading 6 Types of Air Filters and Choosing the Right One in Aiken, GA…
The state of your commercial HVAC system in Aiken, GA can positively or negatively impact your employees’ performance. A faulty system doesn’t… Continue Reading Signs Your Commercial HVAC System Needs Service…
Some homeowners in Hephzibah, GA tend to focus on the humidity outdoors and not on humidity levels inside the house. But experts… Continue Reading 3 Benefits of Controlling Home Humidity in Hephzibah, GA…