National Energy Awareness Month: Home Winterization Tips
The month of October is celebrated as the National Energy Awareness Month. Sure, home energy upgrades can be costly, but you can try to narrow it down to actions that are easy, relatively cheap, and sensible for both homeowners and renters. Below are some of the best home winterization tips.
- Replace your HVAC filters once a month to maintain an adequate and clean air flow which can help reduce energy costs.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs like CFLs or LEDs.
- Add caulking or weather stripping around windows and doors.
- Close doors and central air vents in rooms that don’t see a lot of use.
- Reverse the direction on your ceiling fans. During winter, the warm air generated by your heating system naturally rises to the ceiling while cooler air sinks.
Read more tips on Theenergycollective.com
You May Also Like
A manufacturer’s warranty on an HVAC system is crucial if something happens to the system at an inopportune time. But their existence… Continue Reading 3 Things to Know About HVAC Warranties in Augusta, GA…
Heat pumps are a common alternative to traditional central HVAC systems, known for their superior energy efficiency compared to furnaces and other… Continue Reading How Ductwork Impacts Heat Pump Efficiency in Aiken, SC…
Heat pumps usually operate quietly without disturbing your indoor comfort. However, faulty components may cause the system to produce strange noises while… Continue Reading 4 Troublesome Heat Pump Noises in Augusta, GA…