National Energy Awareness Month: Home Winterization Tips
The month of October is celebrated as the National Energy Awareness Month. Sure, home energy upgrades can be costly, but you can try to narrow it down to actions that are easy, relatively cheap, and sensible for both homeowners and renters. Below are some of the best home winterization tips.
- Replace your HVAC filters once a month to maintain an adequate and clean air flow which can help reduce energy costs.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs like CFLs or LEDs.
- Add caulking or weather stripping around windows and doors.
- Close doors and central air vents in rooms that don’t see a lot of use.
- Reverse the direction on your ceiling fans. During winter, the warm air generated by your heating system naturally rises to the ceiling while cooler air sinks.
Read more tips on Theenergycollective.com
You May Also Like
Keeping your Aiken, GA, HVAC system running efficiently depends partially on having the right air filter. Read on to learn about six… Continue Reading 6 Types of Air Filters and Choosing the Right One in Aiken, GA…
The state of your commercial HVAC system in Aiken, GA can positively or negatively impact your employees’ performance. A faulty system doesn’t… Continue Reading Signs Your Commercial HVAC System Needs Service…
Some homeowners in Hephzibah, GA tend to focus on the humidity outdoors and not on humidity levels inside the house. But experts… Continue Reading 3 Benefits of Controlling Home Humidity in Hephzibah, GA…