National Energy Awareness Month: Home Winterization Tips
The month of October is celebrated as the National Energy Awareness Month. Sure, home energy upgrades can be costly, but you can try to narrow it down to actions that are easy, relatively cheap, and sensible for both homeowners and renters. Below are some of the best home winterization tips.
- Replace your HVAC filters once a month to maintain an adequate and clean air flow which can help reduce energy costs.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs like CFLs or LEDs.
- Add caulking or weather stripping around windows and doors.
- Close doors and central air vents in rooms that don’t see a lot of use.
- Reverse the direction on your ceiling fans. During winter, the warm air generated by your heating system naturally rises to the ceiling while cooler air sinks.
Read more tips on Theenergycollective.com
You May Also Like
The Health Benefits of Duct Cleaning
Your home’s air ducts are responsible for cycling air throughout the house multiple times each day. It’s a simple, effective process, but… Continue Reading The Health Benefits of Duct Cleaning…
4 Habits That Damage Indoor Air Quality in Aiken, SC
Indoor air quality is a big deal for homeowners in Aiken, SC. However, there are some common bad habits that might harm… Continue Reading 4 Habits That Damage Indoor Air Quality in Aiken, SC…
How Is Furnace Efficiency Determined in Hephzibah, GA?
If the furnace in your Hephzibah, GA, home is nearing the end of its useful life, it’ll soon need replacement. As you… Continue Reading How Is Furnace Efficiency Determined in Hephzibah, GA?…