Winter Furnace Maintenance Guide
During the cold days of winter, keeping your homes’ heating system in perfect working condition instantly becomes your top priority. Here are some suggestions on maintaining the efficiency of the furnace:
- Schedule an intensive HVAC check-up and maintenance with your most trusted contractor in the area.
- Check the furnace filter and change it before it becomes overly clogged with dust and dirt.
- Secure pipe insulation or clearance, and look over the unit’s walls and ceiling for signs of damage.
- Call your technician as soon as you notice anything off about your system.
- Make sure your pilot light is burning blue and not yellow.
- Know when its time to get a replacement for an old furnace.
You May Also Like
A manufacturer’s warranty on an HVAC system is crucial if something happens to the system at an inopportune time. But their existence… Continue Reading 3 Things to Know About HVAC Warranties in Augusta, GA…
Heat pumps are a common alternative to traditional central HVAC systems, known for their superior energy efficiency compared to furnaces and other… Continue Reading How Ductwork Impacts Heat Pump Efficiency in Aiken, SC…
Heat pumps usually operate quietly without disturbing your indoor comfort. However, faulty components may cause the system to produce strange noises while… Continue Reading 4 Troublesome Heat Pump Noises in Augusta, GA…