6 Tips to Minimize the Home Costs During Winter
“Most winterizing steps can pay for themselves relatively quickly with heating bill savings,” says Molly Hall, executive director of the Energy Education Council, while there are others that cost absolutely nothing, money-wise. Here are 6 easy ways to keep your home warm and cut costs this winter:
- Schedule a professional check and service your furnace system to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Clean or change the air filter once a month to improve heat circulation.
- Apply weatherstripping or caulk on gaps and cracks around doors and windows to prevent air leaks.
- Make sure walls, attics, and flooring are properly insulated.
- Replace window screens with storm windows.
- Heat small spaces with an electric space heater.
You May Also Like
The Health Benefits of Duct Cleaning
Your home’s air ducts are responsible for cycling air throughout the house multiple times each day. It’s a simple, effective process, but… Continue Reading The Health Benefits of Duct Cleaning…
4 Habits That Damage Indoor Air Quality in Aiken, SC
Indoor air quality is a big deal for homeowners in Aiken, SC. However, there are some common bad habits that might harm… Continue Reading 4 Habits That Damage Indoor Air Quality in Aiken, SC…
How Is Furnace Efficiency Determined in Hephzibah, GA?
If the furnace in your Hephzibah, GA, home is nearing the end of its useful life, it’ll soon need replacement. As you… Continue Reading How Is Furnace Efficiency Determined in Hephzibah, GA?…