6 Tips to Minimize the Home Costs During Winter
“Most winterizing steps can pay for themselves relatively quickly with heating bill savings,” says Molly Hall, executive director of the Energy Education Council, while there are others that cost absolutely nothing, money-wise. Here are 6 easy ways to keep your home warm and cut costs this winter:
- Schedule a professional check and service your furnace system to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Clean or change the air filter once a month to improve heat circulation.
- Apply weatherstripping or caulk on gaps and cracks around doors and windows to prevent air leaks.
- Make sure walls, attics, and flooring are properly insulated.
- Replace window screens with storm windows.
- Heat small spaces with an electric space heater.
You May Also Like
It’s cold outside, and you’re trying to stay warm, but the furnace is blowing out cold air. You might have a problem… Continue Reading What Makes a Furnace Blow Cold Air in Martinez, GA?…
Throughout the years, furnaces in Augusta, GA, have become more efficient, with newer heating systems capable of delivering up to 98% efficiency… Continue Reading 7 Tips to Make Your Furnace Last Longer in Augusta, GA…
Most homeowners rarely think about their thermostats, but this small device is vital in keeping homes comfortable. You can resolve thermostat issues… Continue Reading 5 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Thermostat in Evans, GA…