6 Tips to Minimize the Home Costs During Winter
“Most winterizing steps can pay for themselves relatively quickly with heating bill savings,” says Molly Hall, executive director of the Energy Education Council, while there are others that cost absolutely nothing, money-wise. Here are 6 easy ways to keep your home warm and cut costs this winter:
- Schedule a professional check and service your furnace system to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Clean or change the air filter once a month to improve heat circulation.
- Apply weatherstripping or caulk on gaps and cracks around doors and windows to prevent air leaks.
- Make sure walls, attics, and flooring are properly insulated.
- Replace window screens with storm windows.
- Heat small spaces with an electric space heater.
You May Also Like
When designing a commercial HVAC system in Augusta, GA, technicians must understand the heating and cooling loads of the space. Accurate load… Continue Reading Understanding Commercial HVAC Loads in Augusta, GA…
When you want to increase the value of your home, investing in HVAC upgrades can be an effective way to do so.… Continue Reading 6 HVAC Upgrades That Can Boost Home Equity in Harlem, GA…
Keeping cool in Martinez, GA might mean running your AC regularly, but what happens when your air conditioner develops a refrigerant leak?… Continue Reading 5 Dangers of Running Your AC With a Refrigerant Leak…