When summer sets in, expect your energy bill to shoot up. Air conditioner purchases are costing Americans about $11 billion each year and these conditioners release about 100 million tons of carbon dioxide every year.
Because of the increasing demand for home air conditioning, it’s making our environment worse. By following some eco-cooling tips during summer, you can keep your home cool while saving money and reducing your carbon footprint.
To cool the inside of your home, try some of these eco-cooling practices:
• Use windows and window coverings.
• Don’t add to the heat inside your home.
• Change your bulbs to energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs or halogen infrareds.
• Use fans to your advantage.
• Keep your fridge stocked.
Click here for more cooling tips.