NBC’s Today Show correspondent Jeff Rossen revealed air conditioning repair companies charge customers for unnecessary work, repairs and parts. He said most AC technicians are taking advantage and charging you for repairs that you don’t actually need.
To avoid this unethical practice and to reduce the risk of air conditioning repair rip-offs, read the following tips below:
- Educate yourself through research.
- Ask your friends – those who are willing – to recommend an air conditioning repair company.
- Be wary of “To good to be true” ads and the quest for the cheapest price
- Be sure you know air conditioning repair company address.
- Research the service company.