Is your AC blowing Warm Air? What Does That Mean?
Summer weather in Augusta, Georgia, is hot and humid, and homeowners rely on their central air conditioning system to keep the indoor environment comfortable and healthy. If your air conditioner is blowing warm air, you’ll probably need the services of a qualified AC repair contractor. Fortunately, there are several issues that can be checked before you call your service provider.
Simple Problems That Affect AC Performance
- Thermostat Setting: As summer approaches, always make sure your thermostat is set to the cooling mode. If the unit is set to heat or fan mode, the air handler will blow warm air.
- Dirty Air Filters: Clogged filters restrict airflow and can cause vital components to become caked with dirt and grime. Disposable air filters should be changed monthly, but a dirty evaporator coil must be cleaned by a professional HVAC technician.
- Condenser Restrictions: Debris that builds up around the outdoor condensing coil degrades efficiency and can raise the temperature of the conditioned air. Make sure the grille around the condenser is free of leaves, newspapers and accumulated trash.
Complex AC Problems That Cause Warm Air
- Low Refrigerant Levels: A common cause of warm AC air is a low refrigerant charge. Trained AC service technicians use professional diagnostic equipment to test the charge and locate leaks in the piping system.
- Clogged Condensate Drain: If water is accumulating around your air handler, it may be a condensate pipe or drain pan issue. One of our technicians can clear the clog or replace the pan if necessary.
- Circuit Breaker Tripping: Central air conditioners run on high voltage, so don’t ignore a tripped circuit breaker at the condenser. Electrical problems should only be fixed by a professional AC service company.
Don’t Ignore Warm AC Air
If your air conditioner is blowing warm air, you need fast and reliable AC repair service. Call the pros at Doc Savage Heating and Air Conditioning at (706) 426-9262 today.
You May Also Like
When temperatures in Evans, GA plummet during the winter, your HVAC system becomes a vital ally in guaranteeing comfort. Surprisingly, it could… Continue Reading Is Your HVAC System Making You Lose Sleep in Evans, GA?…
It’s best to address a leaky furnace as soon as possible before the issue causes more harm to your HVAC system. While… Continue Reading Why Is Water Leaking From My Furnace in Martinez, GA?…
Many people underestimate how important air filters are for HVAC systems. Nevertheless, they can have profound effects on the HVAC system in… Continue Reading How HVAC Filters Impact Performance and Efficiency in Harlem, GA…