Sometimes what may seem like a typical or small amount of water around your furnace could actually be a sign of a larger problem. Therefore, don’t simply wipe it off and ignore it. This could mean the condensate pipe is clogged.
Fortunately, this can be easily remedied by slime preventing tablets. Here’s what you should do:
- Remove the drain tube and fitting from your A/C condensate pan.
- Shove the tablets into the drain pan opening and push them in farther using a dowel or long screwdriver.
- Buy a 3/4-in. MIPT barb fitting, a small coil of 3/4-in. I.D. vinyl tubing, and several tubing straps.
- Screw the new fitting into the drain pan and slide on the tubing.
- Route it to the floor drain and secure it with tubing straps.
SOURCE: The Family Handyman