2012 has been a year of weather extremes, especially the heat from the summer season. Greenleaf Mechanical Services in Chicago is analyzing their performance during the summer. It has grown through client and Internet referrals and would like to make an assessment. They encountered 5 problems that cause the need for repair of an air conditioner.
- Low refrigerant (R-22). This is caused by freezing of copper line sets, indoor evaporator coil, and outdoor air conditioning units.
- Outside fan is not working – which related closely to the fan motor, capacitor loose wiring.
- Air conditioner outside unit not working
- Capacitor blown out as a result of becoming too hot to handle the load.
- Shorted or Faulty wiring is pretty common in the air conditioning systems during hot summer in Chicago.