Usual Culprits for AC Damage Needing Repair
Now that the rising temperatures of summer are here, our air conditioners are our best friends. We rely on them to keep our homes cool so we can go about our daily lives comfortably. However, it’s inevitable that from time to time these trusty units have to undergo repairs.
- Improper usage – An example of this is making your AC work twice as hard by having it run with windows open.
- Improper installation – This can lead to many problems, such as leaks and incorrect refrigeration levels, that could have been avoided from the start.
- Corroded electrical connections – Make sure to check connections frequently as condensation is a risk with any system and this raises the risk for corrosion.
- Failed sensors – This is usually a result of them getting knocked loose and moving too far or too near to the evaporator coil. This could cause a unit to stop working.
- Clogged drains – Pooling or backing up of water can damage your unit.
You May Also Like
The Health Benefits of Duct Cleaning
Your home’s air ducts are responsible for cycling air throughout the house multiple times each day. It’s a simple, effective process, but… Continue Reading The Health Benefits of Duct Cleaning…
4 Habits That Damage Indoor Air Quality in Aiken, SC
Indoor air quality is a big deal for homeowners in Aiken, SC. However, there are some common bad habits that might harm… Continue Reading 4 Habits That Damage Indoor Air Quality in Aiken, SC…
How Is Furnace Efficiency Determined in Hephzibah, GA?
If the furnace in your Hephzibah, GA, home is nearing the end of its useful life, it’ll soon need replacement. As you… Continue Reading How Is Furnace Efficiency Determined in Hephzibah, GA?…