Usual Culprits for AC Damage Needing Repair
Now that the rising temperatures of summer are here, our air conditioners are our best friends. We rely on them to keep our homes cool so we can go about our daily lives comfortably. However, it’s inevitable that from time to time these trusty units have to undergo repairs.
- Improper usage – An example of this is making your AC work twice as hard by having it run with windows open.
- Improper installation – This can lead to many problems, such as leaks and incorrect refrigeration levels, that could have been avoided from the start.
- Corroded electrical connections – Make sure to check connections frequently as condensation is a risk with any system and this raises the risk for corrosion.
- Failed sensors – This is usually a result of them getting knocked loose and moving too far or too near to the evaporator coil. This could cause a unit to stop working.
- Clogged drains – Pooling or backing up of water can damage your unit.
You May Also Like
Your furry friends’ shedding can greatly affect air quality in your Augusta, GA, home, particularly for allergy sufferers. Pet hair and its… Continue Reading 3 HVAC Maintenance Tips for Pet Owners in Augusta, GA…
While we’re fortunate to enjoy mild weather for most of the year in and around Augusta, GA, winters can get downright chilly.… Continue Reading Preparing for Winter: HVAC Maintenance or Choosing a New Installation…
When designing a commercial HVAC system in Augusta, GA, technicians must understand the heating and cooling loads of the space. Accurate load… Continue Reading Understanding Commercial HVAC Loads in Augusta, GA…