Although using an air conditioner is the easiest and most effective way to keep you and your family comfortably cool, especially during the height of summer, it’s also easily the most expensive way as well. In order to maintain comfort without overspending on electricity bills, it’s a good idea to have a few tips to keep temperatures from rising during particularly hot months.
- Keep the shades drawn during the day.
- Let the cool evening air in.
- Get rid of incandescent lights.
- Make sure your ceiling fans are running counter clockwise.
- Drink icy beverages.
- Avoid the stove and oven.
- Plant trees on the side of your house that gets the most sun
- Try a buckwheat pillow.
Click here for more tips!